- André Tappaz purchased La Boulonnerie Savoyarde, a ten-man business specialising in stainless steel fixings. He adopted the motto “Simple things made well” and, with its reputation for quality, rapidly became a supplier to the big names in aeronautics and defence, such as SNECMA, DCN and GIAT Industrie.
- La Boulonnerie Savoyarde was one of the first screw machinists to be certified RAQ 3 but the market for machined fixings was starting to suffer from competition from cold forming.
- La Boulonnerie Savoyarde diversified into the fabrication of parts to customer’s drawings as the first CNC lathes were appearing. This was the decade that saw the first Airbuses in service and the replacement of the AMX 30 tank by the Leclerc.
- La Boulonnerie Savoyarde was certified to RAQ 2 and AQAP 120.
- With its position in the fixings and high-precision mechanical engineering markets well established, the company changed its name to Mont Blanc Productions. Raphaël Tappaz, the founder’s son, joined the company. As a supplier to the Safran group (formed by the merger of SNECMA and SAGEM in 2005) Mont Blanc Productions has made components that can be found in the far reaches of the oceans in submarines (DCNS) and in space in satellites (EADS) making the company a leader in machining specialist materials.
- Certified to ISO 9002 and QUALIFAS A (AECMA EASE).
- Mont Blanc Productions was one the first French subcontracting companies to be certified to AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001. Patricia Tappaz, the founder’s daughter, joined the company.
- An ERP system was implemented to improve business efficiency and customer service.
- Mont Blanc Productions’ reputation for savoir faire and quality help it to break through into the nuclear power (electricity generation and propulsion) industry.
- Mont Blanc Productions has many prestigious customers, some of whom have been with us for more than 25 years, and is committed to continuous improvement and environmentally responsible management. Its two main principles are meeting its commitments and protecting the environment. The 1,600 m² production site is optimised for ordinary waste recycling, industrial waste management and energy saving. There is 450 m² of storage space with a potential expansion of 2,500 m².
Structure & Infrastructure
Today Mont Blanc Productions is one of the leaders in the fabrication of high-precision mechanical components the company started life as a specialist stainless steel screw maker. This is the story of a company which has been able to develop its skills, its services and its equipment to create a centre of excellence.
Quality is our brand image and is a fundamental value for our business.
The quality assurance manual was drawn up in 1980 and is now in its fifteenth edition.
Our major customers have been with us for more than 25 years and our quality system is the basis for the continuous improvement of our activities for the benefit of our customers.
Meeting our commitments: a way of life, a purpose
The whole business is run using an ERP system, managed by a dedicated group since 2006, to provide incomparable customer service.
Meeting our commitments is a fundamental principle and the mainstay of our reputation. We are also committed to the environment though ordinary waste recycling, industrial waste management and energy saving to protect the planet.
Chairman / Managing director firstname.lastname@example.org
General Manager email@example.com
Production Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Manager email@example.com
Purchasing Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
HSE Manager email@example.com